Ac Rolcar answers your questions, doubts and technical queries on Ac Rolcar products on this webpage.
All window regulators produced and sold are fully adaptable and interchangeable with the originals. Our window regulators are designed to be attached to the same points as the original, or in holes already existing in the car door. No additional holes need to be made to install our window regulators.
Because the ECU has to be programmed. (See the following question).
Programming a ECU equipped with the Comfort system
1 - Install the window regulator carefully; attach the cable to the car’s electrical system before tightening the bolts. After waiting around 5 seconds, start the car’s electrical system using the ignition key.
2 - Open and close the window 2/3 times to adjust the mechanism and to check the window runs smoothly; tighten the bolts.
Programming the Comfort system
3 - Before programming the ECU, the car must be connected to the diagnostic device to remove any error messages related to the window regular from the car’s on-board memory. The Comfort system may not work properly if these messages are not removed.
4 - Press the button to close the window fully and keep the button pressed down for some 3/4 seconds. When released, the window should automatically open fully. The Comfort system is now programmed correctly.
If it does not work, repeat step (3) after disconnecting the cable from the car’s electrical system and waiting at least 5 seconds before reconnecting it.
The ECU has found the friction exceeds safety levels (as though a hand was about to be caught in the window). This could be due to:
- incorrectly regulated clamps (where applicable) or any other adjustment needed to work properly.
- incorrectly positioned window seals; check positioning.
- Dirty seals; remove the seals, clean them and lubricate them with powdered graphite or silicon spray (NB: never use grease or oil, which could damage the rubber seals irreparably)
- Worn seals. Replace the seals.
- The window seals may be positioned incorrectly: check positioning.
- The seals could be dirty: remove the seals, clean them and lubricate them with powdered graphite or silicon spray if necessary. (NB: never use grease or oil, which could damage the rubber seals irreparably)
- Worn seals. Replace the seals
- The window seals could be incorrectly positioned; check positioning.
- The seals could be dirty; remove the seals, clean them and lubricate them with powdered graphite or silicon spray (NB: never use grease or oil, which could damage the rubber seals irreparably)
- The seals could be worn. Replace the seals.
The mechanism can only be assembled on the original motors. If the window regulator has already been replaced, it will be necessary to purchase a new window regulator, with its motor.
The window regulators can generally be installed on both versions. The relevant models are flagged on the AcRolcar catalogue/website.
[contact-form-7 id="37959" title="Modulo resi - ENG"]